Sunday, May 10, 2009

My Mom Doesn't Listen To Me....

MAAA WHEN YOU PLANNING TO START YOUR MORNING WALKS......
This is how my day started today. I got up and found that she hadn't gone with my dad for a walk.....

Its been 23 years and some days now since I have been her son and not even once has she listened to a word that I say. She thinks I am still the same kid who used to tell all sort of excuses on Mondays for not going to school, who used to come back from school in winters in Dehradun all drenched in rain and making an innocent excuse that there was no shelter around. Taking the towel and cleaning me she always scolded me and told me it was not right to lie and told me it was important to go to school. She never really understood me.

I was scared of the dark and thought that a white figure holding a candle in its hand would come and grab me. So, damn scared!!! and she always used to tell me to face my fears (hello... Lady... I am shitting in my pants scared and you giving me a lecture). I went to school, made friends, wanted to go out with them and hang around with them and what I got from her was that I should be back before dark (Come on it gets dark at 6 pm in winters, not fair).

I grew up and went to the hostel. Finally independence I thought....... Wrong again. She used to call me five times a day giving me all these weird question...
Mom: Are you with a girl??
Me: (Looking at the girl sitting next to me and giving her a weird smile) I am just getting ready to go to the gym.
Mom: Did you have your lunch?
Me: Maa, you already found that out when you called me in the lunch break.
Mom: Ok, listen this time you have to get really good marks.
Me: Ok Maa, byeeee.... Love you...(Phewwwww.....)

Then after all this one day I fall sick, I have some stupid infection and a high fever and she forces her will and sleeps next to me even though I tell her not to cause she might catch the infection herself but she just wouldn't listen. I mean what does a guy do around here to get some respect.

All that I can say is. I love you mom. Couldn't do without you then and can not do without you now. I should say it more often- Happy Mother's Day...

So, ya back to today morning.....

MAAA WHY DIDN'T YOU GO FOR THE MORNING WALK......
She turns towards me gives a smile and tells me, "so that you shout back at me one more time and I can know that you care."

Grrrrrrrr...... OMG!!!! here we go. The sentiments of India....
Maa too many daily soaps...

7 comments:

Chicky said...

Ha ha! Yeah! Moms are a different species altogether, aren't they!

I remember mine used to stay awake practically the entire night if I ever caught the flu!

And how she sent rasgullas to everyone we knew in the town, when I scored 90.8% in ICSE! LOL! She'd hv done the same even if I had scored 85.8%! :-D

And when we girls had to dress-up in sarees for the farewell in school... she was more excited than me abt the whole affair!

Moms hv this strange quality of mkng u feel u r invincible! No hurts, no criticism, no taunts, no heart-breaks ever stand a chance with moms around!

Strange creatures really! I don't think anyone else in the world can love u as much as ur mom!

Unknown said...

The mother's day will really count if after marriage you can keep both mothers happy together.

Unknown said...

A wise man once said: God cant be everywhere, so he made Mothers.
How true.....i feel dis is one of d most BEAutiful post u have evr written..
d last line was really heart touching...

rae said...

My mum is like that too. She still treat me like a little girl! She still scold me until today and she wouldn't listen to me either. (sometimes bought me flowery dress or hat just like when I was 6years old!and she made me wear them!!! ) LOL

Mukund said...

Kaddu: Yup mom is the best thing ever created... No one can love you more no matter what. With her things always feel right.

Navdeep: Thanks buddy love the comment... i also feel this is one of my better works just that the topic is such a great one that it just couldn't be wrong or bad or so-so... It had to be good

rae: I know mum are just like that. No matter how old you get, they still think of you in the same way. Come to think of it, I wouldn't like it any other way...

Mukund said...

timeboundkarma: Hey... Welcome and its nice to have you here...
About mannagung two mothers well here is my take on these things.
I will expect my wife to think of my mother as her own and my wife should not expect anything lesser of me and I will actually not like it if she doesn't expect the same from me. I think parents are the best thing to happen to anyone nothing can take their place and anything we do for them is less.
I don't suppose I will have to mannage them. I feel things will just fall into place perfectly they will have to cause there is no two ways about it. I hope that answers your question somewhat.
But still a lot of time for that to happen... lets wait and watch...
But how caome you have a blog with no posts on it... Don't mind but its a little wierd or may be writer's block...

Anonymous said...

Liked your post.Mom's are special for all of us.
I always thought that when I am older and have my own kids I will probably be less attached to her but having children of my own has actually made me realize how much she has done for us.
I wrote a small poem on Mother's day with similar emotions like your post.Its called Mom and me.