Sunday, May 24, 2009

The Butt of All Blokes...

Remember the movie Sawariyan....
Remember the song "Jabse tere naina, mere naino se...
Remember the controversial towel scene (Ranbir Kapoor- the hero took of the towel and was supposed to show his butt, but it was censored... thank god , if you didn't know, its a big deal in India)
Somehow this song keeps coming back to me....

Some posts ago in my post called the workout I had told you about how I go to this cool gym with all the cool equipments and the weird people that I meet there.

Now, most of the guys obsessed with their fab or flab bods have a tendency to see themselves in the mirror. This is a very normal thing. They stand in front of the mirror and look at their six packs or family packs or one large pack etc etc. give different poses and observe the development. I gave up on this practice cause for some weird reason whenever I try doing this some one or the other with a good physique passes me by with a smirk.

After gym I usually go into the locker room very quietly. Having a locker room is good but somehow I haven't been able to adapt to the locker room culture. I do not open my mouth much, just go for a shower without talking or sharing anything with anyone. I have concluded that I am a bit homophobic but that is just in the sense that I am not very comfortable with men roaming around in towels, I do not and I repeat do not have a problem with homosexuality (I do try to be liberal in my thoughts).

So, ya, tired from gym I went to "the room" as I entered, I saw a guy looking at himself and his well maintained "model" like body. I quietly went to the other side and started getting ready for a shower when something I had never thought of in the wildest of my dreams happened....

Swishhhhh.... with one swift movement that guy took of his towel and at that particular moment I looked up and his butt was staring right at my face. F***!!!

Since that day I have not been able to take that song out my head. I get scared when that song comes on TV. Sweat appears on my large forehead (term I use for being bald). My senses go numb and I become pale. I go back to the day I saw Brokeback Mountain, got scared and separated my bed from my room mate's.

Also at that very moment (me and the guy with the butt in the locker room) I realized how well maintained the ceiling of the gym was....

21 comments:

Vyazz said...

Hahaha...towel phobia, now that's a new one. Personally being totally vain I have a tendency to work out before the mirror when I used to hit the gym too. But frankly I have never been to a communal shower before. In Europe, and Russia, ppl are very err...free with their bodies. One of the reasons I have not visited the Russian saunas here!! Besides one year of no gym has turned me into an inflatable pool toy! So no more body vanity 4 me!!! :(

Unknown said...

LOL ... that was hysterical!

Thanks for the grins and giggles!

Small Footprints
http://reducefootprints.blogspot.com

As the Mind Meanders said...

Thank god the ceiling in the gym does not have a mirror mate...

Mukund said...

Vyazz: Ya man communal shower system sucks... It sucks more when you are in a room full of people with perfect abs :)

Small: Hey dude.. you back... Was starting to miss my regular doze of enviroment friendly posts from you...

Mukund said...

As the Mind Meanders: Amen to that... I would have not been able to go to the gym ever after that if the ceiling had mirrors...

Chicky said...

I'm curious - didn't the other guy know u were also there? Or was he deliberately trying to "impress" you? Or was there someone else in the locker room that time, whom he was trying to impress, if not you? Or maybe it was you after all, huh? Maybe he has the "hots" for you! =)) Maybe you have a secret admirer - perfect abs or not! =))

mixedblessings89 said...

Hahaha- that really is funny :D

Hey- I have a suggestion to make, if you don't mind- your sidebar continues for longer than your main post column, so I suggest either you increase the number of posts showing in the main column (through edit layout> posts) or you make use of your footer column to display some of the widgets, etc. If you follow the second suggestion, your blog will load faster.

As the Mind Meanders said...

@Kaddu :-D LOL... You really want Mukund to stop working out, don't you??

Mukund said...

Kaddu: Very funny... I was the only one there so I guess its me...
Ab what to do, till now I thought I had this effect on girls only but now guys as well... "maine jaun to kahan jaun".. he might have notices me working out you know... my bulging biceps and bulging belly might have got his attention... :D

Mukund said...

mixedbessings: ya real funny... didn't seem that way at that point of time...
about the suggestion, feel free to give any input you like, I don't mind at all. I actually didn't notice that. I would have taken your second suggestion but this template is giving me a bit of a weird time... its not very easily customizable. I think I will have to give it up, I just like the look of it a lot...

Mukund said...

As the Mind Meanders: hehe.. ya Kaddu is just a bit jealous... :)

rae said...

LOL ...very funny gym scenario.

I will not comment anything about sexuality, simply because I am old fashion, much like the magnetic field; positive and positive just doesn't work. Like you Mukund, I try to keep my mind open. People can do what they want. Its a free world. Maybe I should watch brokeback mountain lol

Dhiman said...

U know that's why I used go to office gym...In a software co. gym locker theres abundance of family packs, single packs so 'aainey se kya darna'... hence no fear of towel dropping as well...

Anonymous said...

WOW! lots of comments. well anyway, haha yeah i hate that they DONT censor people's butts in movies. some people find it funny, personally i think it's disgusting.

once i was with my family on vacation in canada, and i saw a woman walking around with no shirt, and no bra on. it was very disturbing.

i hate naked people. they make clothes for a reason.

Mukund said...

rae: I too think its a free world evryone has the right to be what they like to be...
Y go ahead watch Brokeback Mountain, do tell me what you felt about it...

Mukund said...

Dhiman: I would still really be a bit uncomfortable. Just don't want to see anyones stuff :)

Flight: Hey long time... You have been busy with studies so its ok...
Ya its nice that people have started coming in and sharing their thoughts... feels good...
In India we censor everything below the waist in case of men and everything below the neck in case of women
You should mostly watch hindi movies if you hate naked people...

Gautam said...

here in our city every body has a gym partner. So each partner helps the other in workouts...n some times in some workouts like bench press even we feel embarsed. during the initial days...:D...but there is a rt way 2 do it

www.meanderingoddyessy.blogspot.com

Mukund said...

Gautam: Great to have you here buddy... Well gyming with a partner is really the best thing...

Mukund said...

Hey Gautam there seems to be some problem with your comments thing... Please check it...

Anonymous said...

It really amazes me how it all starts and revolves around a towel! At home, I can't help but be in one! oopss... did I just reveal enough to be censored? lmao!

Anonymous said...

lol...this is really hilarious. Great way to start the day :-)