Friday, May 15, 2009

The Lords Of The R.........

Standing next to the boat with the ring in his hand Frodo thought, "I wish the ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.”

"GET UP!!! Its 8.30 we have to reach office by 9.15, why don’t you sleep on time??"
The voice of my sister falling on my ears and I still half asleep, still half dreaming felt like I was looking straight into "The Eye" in the lands of Mordor, it was hot, again a power cut....

While driving to the office I thought about a post that I had read on Kadambari's blog- Spirals, the post was called #Fail. She had told that one of her mates had committed suicide because of him not getting a job. That post is what initiated this thought and took me back in time a bit...

Yes people!!! I was and I am still, like everyone else, recession hit. Some very encouraging and annoying people keep telling me in a "I know everything" manner, "You have two ways of looking at things- Glass half full or glass half empty".

I choose the option of Glass half empty and I try hard to fill it up....

So, here I am. Now, I come back from the office feeling a little better. Somehow I feel its good to be busy, even if you are not very important or doing anything great, even if you have a lot of tension and things are not happening for you.

I come back home switch on my laptop, read a couple of blogs, tired, I go to sleep and return to my dreams.

So, where was I......

Standing next to the boat with the ring in his hand Frodo thought, "I wish the ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.”

At this particular time the voice of Gandalf came to him……
"So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work, Frodo, than the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the ring. In which case you also were meant to have it, and that is an encouraging thought."

P.S. I love LOTR.......

13 comments:

Ching Ya said...

I'm a fan of LOTR and can't tell you how much I enjoyed reading this post.

Half full, half empty..it happens. We all see things differently, and at times interchanging even for our own opinions. Anyhow, whatever it is, good to be alive and still capable of blogging as we speak. ha.. yeah, have to remind myself that either.

P/S: you were saying, 'I've been given the work of handling it',social media? which?


@wchingya
Social Media/Blogging

Kadambari said...

Thanks for the mention, Mukund. Though I still haven't finished LOTR (in spite of having started it a number of times), I really liked all those lines. Just hold on.. and it will all pass! :)

Chicky said...

Haven't seen the LOTR yet... but chew on this...

You can look at the glass as 'half full' or you can look at it as 'half empty'... but, how about if u just look at it as 'half a glass of water'? (or rum, or wine, or cold coffee, or some damn liquid u know!)

Mukund said...

Hey ching
LOTR is really a great movie and a great book. I have seen it so many times and I still can't get enough of it. Its all about whatever works Half full or half empty it should motivate you to move forward.

Mukund said...

Hey I have both the Kaddu's here for the first time on my blog. This is a dream come true (tears of joy) :)...

Kadambari: You should really read the book it will really be worth your time... Its a great book in every aspect. Though you might not find this direct line in the book but its there in the movie...

Kaddu: Well you have to see LOTR I have not seen a better trilogy. You should see the directors cut if possible as it is closer to the book.
About the glass empty or full well its just the way of looking at things. I am not sure if you can just ignore it and let it be, if that is what you mean but you can explain a bit if I got it wrong...

Chicky said...

Ha ha! Getting confusing now, isn't it? :-D

Ok, I'll try to find the trilogy in the torrents. Hopefully, axxo might have it... his are usually excellent quality. Just finished the Lethal Weapon series (Director's Cut).

And abt the 'half-a-glass-of-water'... just meant it in the sense that take it as another experience in this life - without attaching the tag of "good" or "bad" to it! After all, life is just a load of experiences right! There is pleasure & there is pain, we have no control over it... but we can choose not to suffer because of the pain!

When the goings get tough, it becomes even more important to keep an objective view of things. Besides, there are so many shades of life... red, green, blue, yellow, pink... & there is also gray & black... just different frequencies from a wide spectrum...

Mukund said...

Hey Kaddu I feel exactly the same... we poeple have become like computers and have a binary perception of things, this line means that a computer sees things in 1s and 0s and we see things as good and bad and I think we always see things that ways... we should really try and start giving more credit to other colors of life...

Chicky said...

Egg-jactly! [Javed Jafri style!]
:-D

Websnacker said...

"Without Hope, You cannot start the day". Its a quote from a YES song but I believe in it every day.

cheers

http://www.ideasonic.com
http://websnacker.blogspot.com
http://twitter.com/websnacker

Vyazz said...

Its a pleasure to meet another LOTR fan. I'm a die hard LOTR addict.
I just love them. I have the directors cut version of the dvds with deleted scenes.
Its just amazing!!!...

Unknown said...

Nice post and nice blending with the LOTR theme. Well, whats meant to happen, will happen. Just keepin goin!

Siddhesh Kabe said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Siddhesh Kabe said...

if only...if only...i had snatched the ring from Frodo and wage a war against recession...

if only...

(...holding that thought...)

Cheers..
SiD