Friday, May 29, 2009

The light in the Dark...

##This post is supposed to be read with all the melodramatic sound and visual effects of a saas-bahu soap##

April 20, 2009
Mom: Haii.... Aaj mere pass(I have) Gadi (Car) hai, bangla (House) hai, bank balance hai, color TV hai, ussmein colors, starplus,zee, imagine hai.... Tumhare pass kya hai (what do you have)??...
Me: Mere pass...... Mere pass IPL hai..... (I have IPL...)

Only god and I know how badly I wanted the IPL (Indian Premiere League) to start. Everyday dose of the saas-bahu (Daily family drama) saga and the "not so fresh anymore" reality shows on TV were unbearable. It was a torture to see everyone of the actors getting into the same situations again and again and again and then crying over it. There had to be a change and then in 2008 came a light out of which came Mr. Lalit Modi. God bless Mr. Modi and his business mind that he created IPL.

Then in 2009 came the Indian elections and there was a question if the show in fact would go on or not this year. I asked god, "why? God why did you show me the light just to take it away?

But Oft Hope is born, when all is forlorn....

I had hope and Mr. Modi kept his promise. He took the IPL to South Africa and the IPL was on again. Back came Mandira Bedi in a new look along with her band of boys and Arun Lal. But that was then, this is now....

May 24, 2009
Me: Aaj khush to bahut hoge tum... Haiii.... (You Must be very happy today... Haiii)
Why is it over? Why couldn't you just let it continue? Why do I have to go through the torture of those TV shows again? The last 35 days have been so good.

Tinnggg (Mandir ki Ghantiyan... The Temple Bells)
With a sudden beam of light falling over me I heard a voice...

God: Chill balak (boy). Your voice has been heard and the arrangements have been made. The T20 world cup starts from June 5th. Once again there will be entertainment and you will not have to end up watching the daily soaps. I am in a sort of hurry though as Balika Vadhu is going to come and I am a big fan. Can we talk later??.....

Me: Hey!!! What do I do till June 5th.

God: Watch Barcelona vs ManU. You will be a bit disappointed though...

PS: I was expecting ManU to win

11 comments:

Siddhesh Kabe said...

Haan you stole my sentiments...I was worried that I have unnecessary spend money on the tee vee tuner card...but then IPL showed up and poora paisa vasool...

Aur mujhe pura yakin hai, Mihir ya Baa mind nahi karenge, if you do not watch the show for couple of years, kyunki tab bhi woh wahi karenge jo woh pichale 4-5-6-200 (:o) saalon se karte aye hai...wondering kahani age kab badegi...(:P)
(P.s. Those who did not understand the last paragraph of hinglish, thank God for that...:D)

Anonymous said...

ahh i can't handle reality tv. reality shows are sooo incredibly fake, and it's no fun if you know they're making it up. glad you found something good to watch =)

Vyazz said...

Ahhhh...the eternal saga of the saas bahu soaps. Looks like they'll never get over!!! And dont even get me started on the reality shows!!
Its good that u have managed to seek refuge in the IPL!!!
I suppose there indeed is a tv GOD who takes care of those eternally tormented by the usual Indian soap opera drivel!! :)

Subhayan Mukerjee said...

nice one buddy!!! Really funny, and yeah, do check my new look blog

Chicky said...

Yucks! Saas-bahu sagas! Ewwwwwwww! I watch Saregamapa & DanceIndiaDance, which got over this Saturday. But Little champs is starting next, so life is cool! T20 world cup - I'll probably watch all matches of our team. Rest of the teams, I'm not interested. IPL - not interested! Can't seem to relate with any of the teams.

Mukund said...

SID: Ya man those soaps just keep on going on and on and on. If you have seen one of those soaps you have seen them all.

Mukund said...

Flight: Hey great to see you sround I thought I had lost you :)
Sports is the only thing I really enjoy watching everything else is just pure boring..

Mukund said...

Vyazz: I do like to believe that we have a tv god and he listens to us. Thanks to him we have sports channels able to bring us some good action :)

Mukund said...

Shubhayan: Thanks dude. Saw your new template and left a comment as well.

Mukund said...

Kaddu: I share the same feelings as you for the saas bahu shows. I used to watch a lot of reality tv but of late they all feel the same... I would probably watch all the matches as any form of cricket is good for me. As for IPL I watch it for the entertainment value. Its just fast and exciting till the last ball...

Subhayan Mukerjee said...

the new template ... the one you saw ... did u see it on IE, if yes then I think u saw the thing all messed up ... because it's not showing up well on it ...i dunno but i'm wondering what the problem is ... i've created a topic on the indiblogger forum ... please write if u know what it is