Tuesday, March 10, 2009

JUST A BIT OF FICTION

This is the continuation of my series Just A Bit of Fiction, This is the second post of the series..........

STUCK:

Its a damp night, its raining heavily and its pitch dark. The only light produced is the one which occurs with the thunder. A man wearing a purple color suit and holding a gun is standing. Every time there is a thunder you can get a glimpse of his face. His face is painted white and the region around his mouth is colored red. His hair is long and there is a sinistrous look about him. A Black figure is standing in front of him, you can see his outline at every flash of light. He is standing there unphased. They both are drenched...........
The man in the suit asks, "What do you fear the most Mr. Wayne???"".........................

There is a sharp sound of bells, it's my alarm. It must have been a dream. I am still tired from last night. Its been a rough couple of days for me, The Joker has been running havoc all over the city...............

Its a dark night as I see no moon. Looking out of my window I can see the Wayne tower, the city of Gotham is alive and buzzing. The last time the Joker and me were face to face it was one hell of a night. The city burned that night. I must leave now, Gotham might need me................

The roads which I usually take are empty and dark but today they seem gloomy and I can see people around looking at me. I need to take some other road, I don't like getting noticed......

There is a flash of light in front, a car just went past me, I just missed it by inches, the light was too bright for me to notice the car. I must drive wearily cause I don't know what..........
another flash of light, this time it was just too close, if I hadn't moved the wheal it would have hit me. This car was heading right towards me. This doesn't feel right...............

A big black vehicle is closing in on me from behind. Its a huge truck, it looks as if its following me. I can't turn back now. I will take the flyover and see if I can lose it............

A black Hummer just zipped past me and slowed down right in front of me. Two other cars just slowed down on both my sides, they just appeared out of nowhere. These cars are moving along slowly with me. There are cars on all my sides now, I feel surrounded. I might have just walked into danger and even though it might be a trap, it might lead me to the Joker............

The car in front of me just stopped, so have the cars on my side. I too have stopped, waiting for their next move............

I feel trapped, there are a lot of cars around me now and a constant noise of horns blowing continuously..............

I can see commissioner Gordon shouting at someone pointing towards a car, there seems to be an accident........

Nothing is moving. The good old days when I could drive fast without scratching even a single car seem to be over. Finally, the light is green again, things are moving slowly. I think its time that I installed a music player in the bat mobile. This wait is just maddening.................

I am BATMAN.......... and I am stuck in the Traffic.

DAMN THAT JOKER................
Where is he when you need him..........

No comments: